CafePorts

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 15 08:47:07 PST 2009

On Dec 15, 2009, at 10:12, Panayotis Katsaloulis wrote:

> I think now it has started to look like a proper Mac application.
> Although some things need to be worked on again, I'd really like to hear what do you think of this effort.
> Now it's usable I think and I need your feedback to go on.

It still needs to support other locations for the ports tree.

Read the file ${prefix}/etc/macports/sources.conf to see where the user has his ports tree(s). You probably only need to concern yourself with the default tree.

Most users will have "rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/ports/ [default]" in this file, which corresponds to the location on disk you're trying to read now. But I have "file:///Users/rschmidt/macports/dports [default]" in my sources.conf to indicate that my ports tree is elsewhere.