Uninstalling a Port

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Tue Dec 22 18:40:53 PST 2009

>>>>> "Peter" == Peter Hindrichs <pth at ispnet.ca> writes:

Peter> On 2009-12-22, at 21:32 , nox wrote:

>> A dependent of X is a port Y which depends on X.
>> A dependency of X is a port Y which X depends on.

Peter> So if port Y depends on say A, B, C, what would be the correct way to uninstall Y and its dependencies.

Oh, so now you do want it the other way.

In your case, "port uninstall Y" would immediately work
but you also want to remove anything that was installed
because you had also installed Y, that *nothing else* depends on.

I thought you were trying to uninstall something that could
*not* be uninstalled because other things depended on it!

Wow.  Too many close words.