CafePorts

Chris Janton face at CentosPrime.COM
Sat Dec 26 06:10:51 PST 2009

On 2009-12-25 , at 13:22 , Panayotis Katsaloulis wrote:

>> ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/libexec/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory
>> ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/libexec/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory
>> ssh_askpass: exec(/usr/libexec/ssh-askpass): No such file or directory
>> Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
>
> So you mean that the password prompt comes from ssh-askpass?
>
> I have no idea why askpass is executes by ssh, nor why it says "no such file or directory", since it my system it is there!

No - like others who have mentioned it - I do not have a file /usr/libexec/ssh-askpass

It turns out that I had a typo in my username. When I fixed that things worked as expected.

Lots of entertaining reading about 'ssh-askpass' and Mac OS X. There's a simple script that might work here (except with wrong username it will never work)

 http://cakealot.com/2009/04/fixing-missing-ssh-askpass-on-macos-105/

Pilot error.

8)