Problem opening openssl tar file openssl-0.9.8j.tar.gz

Ceriel Jacobs cerieljacobs at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:37:58 PST 2009

Op 20 feb 2009, om 17:33 heeft Rainer Müller het volgende geschreven:

> Ceriel Jacobs wrote:
>> Thanks for your message:
>>
>> Op 20 feb 2009, om 15:32 heeft Joel Thibault (MacPorts) het volgende
>> geschreven:
>>> Aha.  Reinstalling base from trunk r46953 fixed the problem.
>>> Thanks!
>>>

>> This however it still doesn't help me to built openssl.
>
> You have to remove leftovers from your previous attempts.
>
>  sudo port clean openssl
>
> Rainer

After 'sudo port clean openssl', the results are:

try #1
$ sudo /opt/local/bin/port install -d openssl +universal
configure.march=nocona
--->  Fetching openssl
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for openssl
--->  Extracting openssl
--->  Applying patches to openssl
--->  Configuring openssl
--->  Building openssl
--->  Staging openssl into destroot
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: no such file or directory

try#2
$ sudo /opt/local/bin/port clean openssl
--->  Cleaning openssl
$ sudo /opt/local/bin/port install -v openssl +universal
configure.march=nocona
--->  Fetching openssl
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for openssl
--->  Extracting openssl
--->  Applying patches to openssl
--->  Configuring openssl
--->  Building openssl
--->  Staging openssl into destroot
Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: no such file or directory

It is strange (to me) that both -v and -d are returning little output.