mercurial: "hg convert" cannot find `svn' python bindings

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Mon Feb 23 08:34:26 PST 2009

On Feb 23, 2009, at 11:28 AM, Joerg van den Hoff wrote:
> unfortenuately, I'm rather clueless where the problem actually is.

I don't use mercurial, so I'm not really going to be much help.

I did quickly look through the subversion python bindings and I did
not see any references to the python socket ssl module...

> now,  _if_ mercurial depends on py25-socket-ssl (as it seems),
> should this
> not be a dependency of mercurial, since the `convert' extension is
> installed
> together with  mercurial?

It should be installed by the mercurial port if it needs it. It's
possible that it needs it to be there when it is first built/
installed, but as I don't use and and haven't looked at it, that's
just a guess.

--
Daniel J. Luke