Guncash won't launch after some recent updates

David Rowe david.rowe at freeuk.com
Fri Feb 27 09:59:27 PST 2009

After some updates a few days ago, my Macports Gnucash installation no
longer launches.

The command line script reads as follows:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Wombat:~ david$ gnucash
dyld: Symbol not found: _gll_noop
  Referenced from:
/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL
  Expected in: /opt/local/lib/libGL.dylib

Trace/BPT trap
Wombat:~

Gnucash itself is @2.2.8_0 and everything else is up to date.

 From what I can see by looking at 'date modified' in
/opt/local/var/macports/distfiles, the ports that were updated in the
offending session were:
perl5
Imagemagick
gimp-lqr-plugin
mesa
xorg-glproto
readline
db4

Note: gnucash itself has not been updated since 30 Dec so I don't think
that the problem is actually with gnucash.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what is causing the problem and
whether there is a work around?

Thanks in advance

David Rowe