Two MacPorts installs: problem with Python

Bart Masschelein masschel at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 10:58:06 PST 2009

Hi all,

I needed another MacPorts install for some development testing, so I
installed a version of the trunk in a new location. Python appears to
be required as dependency, but I get the following error:

--->  Activating python25 @2.5.4_0+darwin_9+macosx
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /
Applications/MacPorts/MacPython 2.5/Build Applet.app/Contents/
Info.plist already exists and does not belong to a registered port.
Unable to activate port python25.

Probably it is related to the fact | have a 'normal' MacPorts in my /
opt/local, which previously has created these files.

How can I get around this? I don't think deactivating the Python from
my original MacPorts will solve the problem.

Thanks in advance,

Bart

PS: I use the trunk, because the tarball for 1.7 gave me consistent
errors about 'violation of the path structure' for each port. This was
solved by using the trunk.