Error on environment?

Doctor Who whodoctor at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 12:13:40 PST 2009

I installed the findutils and coreutils packages so that I could use
locate on my Mac.  When I attempt to update the database using
'updatedb', I get:

/usr/bin/sort: string comparison failed: Illegal byte sequence
/usr/bin/sort: Set LC_ALL='C' to work around the problem.
/usr/bin/sort: The strings compared were
`/APPLICATIONS/BURN.APP/CONTENTS/RESOURCES/JAPANESE.LPROJ/BURN
Ã\230Ã\253Ã\225Â\232/TY/TASK_STYLE.CSS' and
`/APPLICATIONS/BURN.APP/CONTENTS/RESOURCES/JAPANESE.LPROJ/CREDITS.HTML'.

Hopefully someone can tell me how to fix this.

Thanks!