sudo: port: command not found

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 12 03:47:56 PST 2009

On Jan 12, 2009, at 05:30, Marion Dumas wrote:

> Hello,
> I just installed the latest version of MacPorts for Leopard, but the
> command port does not work (error message; sudo: port: command not
> found). I am not very experienced with Unix, so I am not too sure what
> is going wrong. Could anybody help?
> Thank you very much
> Marion

Welcome to MacPorts, Marion. I'm sending this reply to the macports-
users mailing list, where you should continue the topic if necessary.
Subscribe to the list first so that your posts will be accepted. The
address macports-users-owner at lists.macosforge.org only reaches the
owners of the list and you would be better served by interacting with
the entire community.

What you describe was a problem with the MacPorts 1.6.0 installer,
but if you are using the latest version of MacPorts, 1.7.0, you
should not see this problem anymore. You can read about the problem
and the various ways to fix it in the problem hotlist in the wiki:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#a.profilenotsetup