many perl modules I need

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Mon Jan 19 03:39:02 PST 2009

Let's start here, new install of MacPorts, dev tools is in, X11 is in.
I ran sudo port install perl5 and went to the next one I needed:

me at memacbook:~/ $sudo port install -f p5-Email-MIME-Modifier
--->  Fetching p5-test-simple
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for p5-test-simple
--->  Extracting p5-test-simple
--->  Configuring p5-test-simple
--->  Building p5-test-simple
--->  Staging p5-test-simple into destroot
You must install or activate this package with '-f' (force) as it
needs to overwrite files installed by the perl5.8 port
--->  Installing p5-test-simple @0.86_0
Error: Target org.macports.install returned: Registry error: p5-test-
simple @0.86_0 already registered as installed.  Please uninstall it
first.
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: p5-test-pod p5-test-
simple

Scott