p5 modules, get me started on one

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Jan 20 15:19:44 PST 2009

On Jan 19, 2009, at 11:32 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:09:02PM -0800, Scott Haneda said:
>> If I have a requirement in software for Net::LDAP version 0.33, and I
>> tried to make a port look for net-ldap 0.39 as at this url
>> http://search.cpan.org/~gbarr/perl-ldap-0.39/
>>
>> I see the download is for perl-ldap-0.39.tar.gz, which is not Net-
>> LDAP-0.39.tar.gz.  Does this just mean I need to get the entire
>> suite of
>> ldap mods, and with it will come net::LDAP ?
>
> That would be the best way to go about it, creating a port for p5-
> perl-ldap;
> however, that already exists:
>
> p5-perl-ldap @0.36 (perl)
>    A client interface to LDAP servers

Ok, installed p5-perl-ldap and I get this
sudo port list installed | grep ldap
p5-file-readbackwards          @1.04           perl/p5-net-ldap
p5-perl-ldap                   @0.36           perl/p5-perl-ldap

* Again, wondering why readbackwards is still in that list.

Anyway, the package I am trying to use needs specifically net::ldap .
33, how do I test that it is there, as currently, it does not seem to
be.
--
Scott