---> cleaning i386-elf-gcc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 27 00:58:54 PST 2009

On Jan 27, 2009, at 02:46, Haydar Altintas wrote:

> i tried to use macports with virtualbox. OSE

What do you mean? I don't see a port for virtualbox in MacPorts, so
are you saying that you have MacPorts installed on Mac OS X running
inside a VirtualBox OSE virtual machine running on another OS?

> after using this command
>
> sudo port clean --work i386-elf-gcc
>
> i still(always) become this out put if i tried to reinstall i386-
> elf-gcc
>
> --->  Cleaning i386-elf-gcc
> --->  Removing build directory for i386-elf-gcc

If that is the only output you get from the command "sudo port
install i386-elf-gcc" then that sounds strange. But it is of course
normal for MacPorts to clean and remove the build directory of a port
after the port has been successfully installed.

Does i386-elf-gcc show up in the output of "port installed"?

> it looks the command is still working on it i use osx 10.5.

You're saying it works on a Mac running Mac OS X 10.5 but not on your
other system? What is your other system running exactly?