named with DLZ support

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Thu Jan 29 17:27:33 PST 2009

On Jan 29, 2009, at 4:47 PM, Bradley Giesbrecht wrote:

>> Well, not too confusing, as long as I can learn it, I will not
>> pester again once I get what is going on.  Unless you think you
>> will have this patch integrated in a day, I have a client beating
>> up down by neck to at least prove this is as a solution.  I am not
>> going to run it production for some time, but I do need a proof of
>> concept.
>>
>> Should I do this in my local repo, or in the real bind9 location?
>> So, to get this correct...
>
> I do this in my local repo so port selfupdate doesn't wipe'm out.
>
>> I take this:
>> 	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/Portfile.bind9_dlz_mysql.diff
>> run diff to the main portfile for mysql
>
> No, disregard that file. I added a comment at the bottom of the trac
> page. Daniel wanted me to do it differently so I did. Just replace
> your local_repo/net/bind9 with the tar file I sent you or....
>
>> drop this in bind9/files
>> 	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/patch-Portfile
>
> No, patch your Portfile with this file.
>
> Drop it in local_repo/net/bind9 and do:
> patch -p0 < patch-Portfile
>
> That's letter "p" number "0".
>

>> 	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/patch-configure
>> 	https://trac.macports.org/attachment/ticket/17783/patch-contrib-dlz-config.dlz.in
>
> Yes, these go in local_repo/net/bind9/files
>
>> run sudo port -d install bind9 mysql5 +dlz_mysql5

Done, running above command now.  Curious, this is installing bind 9
and mysql5, but how does mysql5 know about the variant, as it is not
on ports as of yet.  It is happily running that command though, but I
think something is wrong.

Actually, just caught it:
DEBUG: Requested variant dlz_mysql5 is not provided by port mysql5.
--
Scott