opencv install failed

sudarshan22 sudarshan22 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 08:35:52 PDT 2009

Hi,

I tried to install opencv on my mac using macports. Here is the error that I
receive:

It would be great if someone could tell me what is wrong and how I could fix
it.
(sudarshan at luckymac: ~)$ ins opencv
Password:
--->  Configuring opencv
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell
command " cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_opencv/work/opencv-1.0.0"
&& ./configure --prefix=/opt/local " returned error 1
Command output: checking tiff.h usability... yes
checking tiff.h presence... yes
checking for tiff.h... yes
checking for TIFFReadRGBAStrip in -ltiff... yes
checking jasper/jasper.h usability... yes
checking jasper/jasper.h presence... yes
checking for jasper/jasper.h... yes
checking for jas_image_readcmpt in -ljasper... yes
checking ImfCRgbaFile.h usability... no
checking ImfCRgbaFile.h presence... no
checking for ImfCRgbaFile.h... no
configure: Checking for necessary tools to build python wrappers
checking for python... /opt/local/bin/python
checking for python version...   File "<string>", line 1
    import sys; print sys.version[:3]
                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

checking for python platform...   File "<string>", line 1
    import sys; print sys.platform
                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory...
${exec_prefix}/lib/python/site-packages
  File "<string>", line 1
    import sys; print sys.prefix
                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
configure: error: Python Prefix is not known

Thanks,
SS.