glade-3 with out icon and some error

David Evans devans at macports.org
Fri Jul 3 10:42:04 PDT 2009

nuvolare wrote:
> Hello, I installed glade-3 in my mac with Tiger, but now I'm showing
> some error, and I don't have icon on it,
> The error are:
>
> MacbookPro:~ nuvolare$ glade-3
> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".
This error is informational only and can be ignored.

> (glade-3:24053): GladeUI-CRITICAL **: Impossibile caricare l'immagine
> (Impossibile riconoscere il formato di immagine per il file
> ?/opt/local/share/glade3/pixmaps/plus.png?)
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
> socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
> socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
> socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
> Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
> socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
This is due to probable misconfiguration of port dbus.  Make sure you
have executed the following command to make sure you have
enabled dbus session support:

sudo launchctl load -w
/Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

Without this, glade3 is unable to read default parameters from GConf and
the inability to load icons is probably a result of that.

I am using glade3 to develop gtk apps on tiger ppc with no problems.

Dave