gimp-2.6.6_2+x11 startup issue

Ivan Kawaler ink_blot at att.net
Sun Jul 19 11:29:01 PDT 2009

I'm still kicking myself for bothering to upgrade when I had a
relatively well working v2.6.4 on my system, so please go easy.  Upon
startup, I get nothing but the following in my terminal:

Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display ":0.0".
Bus error

I think, as I'm still trying to learn what it all means, my
gimp-2.6.crash.log claims the thread that crashed was:

0   libX11.6.dylib             	0x0157f0c8 _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect
+ 936

This all occurred on the initial startup after compiling, so it has
not successfully been launched.  All ports are up to date using
MacPorts base 1.710 and running under 10.4.11 with Xcode 2.5.  Any
thoughts?