OSX Upgrades: Snow Leopard

Kurt Hillig khillig at umich.edu
Tue Jun 9 05:32:11 PDT 2009

On the other hand I recently upgraded from 10.4 to 10.5 and my machine was
horribly unstable until I blew away the MacPorts install.  I'm not sure
why this was, and I didn't have the time or gumption to run a lot of
diagnostics, so it could well be that something less drastic would have
sufficed.

Which I guess really means that it works OK when it works, except for when
it doesn't...

                             Dr. Kurt Hillig
   UMNet Administration     I always tell the    Fax (734)763-4050
  University of Michigan     absolute truth,    Phone (734)647-8778
Ann Arbor, MI  48105-3640    as I see it.   EMail khillig(at)umich.edu