cyrus-sasl2 upgrading (was Re: subversion on 10.4)

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Wed Jun 10 22:43:08 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 11:54:59PM -0500, Ryan Schmidt said:
[...]
> I see the same symptom, yes. A similar solution would need to be applied
> to the cyrus-sasl2 port. If you can come up with a general change that
> should be made to MacPorts base that will not adversely affect too many
> other ports, we can certainly consider it.

Does anyone know why cyrus-sasl2 has that pre-configure check?  I found
tickets #17158 and #17328, the former being the one which added it but with
no description of why.  Having just commented-out the pre-configure bit,
upgrading from 2.1.22 to 2.1.23 worked just fine.  Is it
OS-version-specific, arch-specific, or MacPorts-version-specific?

Bryan