Xcode 2.5

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jun 12 03:47:49 PDT 2009

On Jun 12, 2009, at 05:40, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2009, at 20:29, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>
>> it doesn't compile with Xcode 2.5, whereas it did compile with
>> Xcode 2.5
>>

>> + PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
>>
>> + ./configure --prefix=/Users/thomas/Documents/prgm/bin/
>> autoinstall/macports --with-install-user=thomas --with-install-
>> group=thomas --with-applications-dir=/Users/thomas/Documents/prgm/
>> bin/autoinstall/macports/Applications --with-tclpackage=/Users/
>> thomas/Documents/prgm/bin/autoinstall/macports/tcl --enable-readline
>> checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0
>> checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0
>> checking target system type... powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0
>> checking MacPorts version... 1.7.1
>> checking for sw_vers... sw_vers
>> checking Mac OS X version... 10.4.11
>> checking Xcode version... 2.5
>> checking for gcc... gcc
>> checking for C compiler default output file name...
>> configure: error: in `/Users/thomas/Documents/prgm/temporaire/
>> macports':
>> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>> See `config.log' for more details.
>> + exit 77
>>
>> http://dl.free.fr/lEckK6nnn
>>

>> what's wrong ?
>

> Can you attach the config.log so we can take a look at what it says?

Oh, that's what the link was. The first time I clicked it, it showed
me stuff I couldn't read in French, but the second time it downloaded
the config log. Ok.

It says:

can't locate file for: -lcrt1.o

This is an error I see mentioned in several places on Google. Many
are for Panther, but some ask: do you have the file /usr/lib/crt1.o?
You should, and I do on my system. If you don't, some part of your
system isn't installed right. Grepping through receipts, it appears
this file is provided by DevSDK.pkg, if you want to try to reinstall it.