Error for installation glade in Tiger

David Evans devans at
Mon Jun 29 11:07:56 PDT 2009

nuvolare wrote:
> Hello, I did what you told me and it installed succecfully, but now
> how I've to run gale3?
> I tryed by Terminal e by X11 but with out resul
> What I've to do?
> Thank you
Assuming that the port is installed in the default prefix path
(/opt/local), the glade executable is installed as

To confirm on your system try

devans% port contents glade3
Port glade3 contains:

make sure that this is in your path by typing

devans% which glade-3

if not edit your path to include /opt/local/bin

Since this is an X11 application, be sure your X11 server is running and

from xterm or

open-x11 glade-3

from the Terminal which will start X11 for you if necessary