Kile

Stefan Nowy stefan at nowy.de
Mon Jun 29 12:57:00 PDT 2009

Hi!

I'm relatively new to macports... trying to install the latex editor "kile".

I found an howto here (sorry, in german only):
http://www.rz.uni-konstanz.de/activekb/questions/175/Kile+als+LaTeX+Editor+auf+dem+Mac

What I basically did is the following:

sudo port selfupdate && sudo port sync
sudo port install kdelibs4 kdebase4-runtime
sudo chown -R $USER ~/Library/Preferences/KDE
launchctl load -F /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist

after the last command nothing visible happened. Is this normal?

open /Applications/MacPorts/KDE4/kdeinit4.app

some icon appears jumping and disappears again. Nothing more.

svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/office/kile
cd kile
cmake -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=/opt/local/bin/qmake-mac
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/local .
make
sudo make install
cd  /opt/local/bin/kile.app/Contents/MacOS
sudo mv kile kile-bin

sudo nano kile
with this content:
#!/bin/bash
PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/X11/bin
/Applications/kile.app/Contents/MacOS/kile-bin

cd /opt/local/bin
sudo mv kile.app /Applications/

When I now click on the kile-icon, it appears jumping and disappears
again. Nothing more is happening...

I hope that somebody can help me!

Thank you
Stefan