Perl error, once and for all

Vincent Lefevre vincent-opdarw at vinc17.org
Sun Mar 1 16:18:41 PST 2009

On 2009-03-01 01:00:43 -0800, Scott Haneda wrote:
> So, let me get this straight, if MacPorts was to install a .profile with
> a certain PERL5LIB env var in it, this issue is solved?

Yes, but MacPorts should not override the user's settings (i.e. it
should test whether PERL5LIB is already set...). One should end up
with something like:

if [ -n "$PERL5LIB" ]; then
  PERL5LIB="${PERL5LIB}:/opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl"
else
  export PERL5LIB
  PERL5LIB="/opt/local/lib/perl5/vendor_perl"
fi

Also, the modules that overwrite the core modules should be fixed.

But there's still the potential problem with binaries and man pages,
though. But a directory /opt/local/perl5 can be used for that. Adding
/opt/local/perl5/bin to $PATH just before /opt/local/bin would be
sufficient.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>