gtk +no_x11

Alexy Khrabrov deliverable at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 21:05:35 PST 2009

How does this gtk +no_x11 stack against the Imendio GTK+ -- is it the
same one?  I was building an app one way or another and got two
different-looking widget styles, both X-less.  One is more angular and
another is more mushy.  I have the following goodies installed over
last year:

-- MacPorts: gtk2 +no_x11+quartz
-- /Library/Frameworks/GTK+.framework # this contains 2.14.X11
-- /Library/Frameworks/Gtk.framework # looks like Imendio, has
./Resources/dev/lib/pkgconfig/gtk+-quartz-2.0.pc but no -x11 one

My way of selecting one was to export
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig for MacPorts' one, or the one
from a framework which I want to use.  Can someone with experience
with all of those summarize whether gtk2 +no_x11 obviates the need for
any of the frameworks?  Alas there's no GtkGlArea and the last time I
checked some Gtk folks resisted making their pieces X-less, so not all
gtk2 is available without X, quartz-only, but that's a different
question -- given I stick with +no_x11, I wonder whether a
<some_GTK2>.framework is in any way superior to the port gtk2.

Cheers,
Alexy