Imagemagick ...system-wide availability

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Tue Mar 10 04:59:10 PDT 2009

On Mar 10, 2009, at 3:46 AM, chueewowee wrote:

> I have the installed port:
> /opt/local/var/macports/software/ImageMagick/6.4.8-1_0+q16
>
> the command, 'which imagemagick' returns not found, and
> graphiocsconvertoer.app, similarly cannot find imagemagick ..'in
> /usr/local/bin'
>
> How can I make the mac[ports installation avilable on a system-wide
> basis?  For example, what would I symlink to, if i were to place a
> symlink in /usr/local/bin?

All port files are in /opt/local by default, unless you change that
path to somewhere else.  You should have the file ~/.profile which
will have altered your PATH to include /opt/local.

Mine looks like this:
# MacPorts Installer addition on 2009-02-24_at_21:16:33: adding an
appropriate PATH var
iable for use with MacPorts.
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin:$PATH
# Finished adapting your PATH environment variable for use with
MacPorts.

# MacPorts Installer addition on 2009-02-24_at_21:16:33: adding an
appropriate MANPATH
variable for use with MacPorts.
export MANPATH=/opt/local/share/man:$MANPATH
# Finished adapting your MANPATH environment variable for use with
MacPorts.

If you do not have this file, you should read the docs on how to
repair this issue
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/InstallingMacPorts