slapd

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 13 23:32:08 PDT 2009

On Mar 8, 2009, at 10:57, C#4/135 D4/w!~ wrote:

> I have here Port openldap contains:
>   /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.slapd.plist
>   /Volumes/…/opt/etc/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.slapd/
> org.macports.slapd.plist
> and some more. Picking one and trying:
> $ launchctl load /Volumes/…/opt/etc/LaunchDaemons/
> org.macports.slapd/org.macports.slapd.plist
> nothing found to load
> $
>
> chaning
> doesn't help either. Any idea?

The correct plist to use is the one in /Library/LaunchDaemons.

You also need to use "sudo" to launch the service as root.

I usually use the -w flag to launchctl, like this:

sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.slapd.plist

 From the launchctl manpage:

               -w       Remove the disabled key and write the
configuration files back out to disk.