Error in mod_wsgi Portfile?

Francis Devereux francis at devrx.org
Mon Mar 16 06:03:56 PDT 2009

On 14 Mar 2009, at 06:27, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Mar 10, 2009, at 12:20, Francis Devereux wrote:
>
>> I think that the message printed by www/mod_wsgi/Portfile is
>> incorrect.  The line that currently reads:
>>    ui_msg "#  LoadModule python_module modules/mod_wsgi.so"
>> should read:
>>    ui_msg "#  LoadModule wsgi_module modules/mod_wsgi.so"
>>
>> If the current instructions are followed, attempting to start
>> Apache gives the following error:
>> jupiter LaunchDaemons # /opt/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start
>> httpd: Syntax error on line 116 of /opt/local/apache2/conf/
>> httpd.conf: Can't locate API module structure `python_module' in
>> file /opt/local/apache2/modules/mod_wsgi.so: dlsym(0x404e10,
>> python_module): symbol not found
>
> I assume you are correct. As for all bugs, can you please file a
> ticket in the issue tracker?
>
> http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets

OK.  My ticket is http://trac.macports.org/ticket/18864.

By the way, there is another problem with the mod_wsgi port, on my
machine mod_wsgi.so ends up being linked against the system Python 2.5
instead of the Macports-installed Python 2.4.  I will file a ticket
for this too although it may be a while because I am very busy with
non-Python stuff at work.

Thanks,

Francis