general advice about making a portfile and a binary package?

Allen McBride allencmcbride at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 10:58:53 PDT 2009

I wrote the developer of Solfege, and he said these "dependencies"
that trace mode was showing me (librsvg, ghostscript) are things that
he uses to create the release tarball; they're not needed to build
from the tarball.  But configure still checks for them, so that's why
they were showing up in trace mode.  And as for the Python thing, I'm
guessing that somehow trace mode couldn't figure out that opt/local/
bin/python was part of the python25 port, even though I know it is.

So, I'm thinking I can go ahead and submit my Portfile to MacPorts
despite these "access denied" messages from trace mode.  Any
suggestions to the contrary?

Also, a question about the "maintainer" field of the Portfile... since
I don't have commit privileges, I assume I should leave this as
"nomaintainer" rather than putting my own e-mail in, correct?

Thanks,
Allen