maintainer no longer at email address

Yolande Serra serra at atmo.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 17 20:52:45 PDT 2009

On Mar 17, 2009, at 8:13 PM, Daniel J. Luke wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2009, at 7:45 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 02:01:13PM -0700, Yolande Serra said:
>>> thanks Bryan, I checked the ticket but that is not the problem I am
>>> having.  the port installs just fine.  they must have fixed it.  my
>>> problem is the libraries won't link to my fortran code when I try to
>>> compile.
>>
>> FYI, netcdf is now unmaintained.  For fortran issues, the only
>> thing I'd ask
>> is if you installed netcdf with +g95 variant since that should enable
>> fortran bits for it.  If you already did, then I have no other ideas.
>

> It's also possible that someone here could help but we haven't seen
> very much detail about what is wrong (other than that it doesn't
> work).
>
> Is the fortran code looking for some symbol that's not in the library?
yes, all of them.  it cannot find any of the fortran routines like
nf_open, nf_get_vara_float, etc.  All the netcdf nf_ routines are
listed that I call in my program when I try to compile.  I think it
may be an underscore issue, at least it seems that way since it is
just not possible that the code does not know where libnetcdf.a is.
Perhaps I should be writing the netcdf creators at this point as I've
tried everything I can to get it to work and I've built it myself on
my powerpc mac and had no trouble.

Yolande