Cannot access rsync.macports.org

Paul Sijpkes paul.sijpkes at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 18:38:17 PDT 2009

Just a minute...

it says connection refused, not that it was not found...

This is my selfupdate output... any ideas anyone?

sudo port -dv selfupdate
Password:
DEBUG: Synchronizing ports tree(s)
Synchronizing local ports tree from rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/
ports/
DEBUG: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after rsync://rsync.macports.org/
release/ports/ /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/
release/ports
rsync: failed to connect to rsync.macports.org: Connection refused (61)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /SourceCache/rsync/
rsync-35.2/rsync/clientserver.c(105) [receiver=2.6.9]
Error: Synchronization of the local ports tree failed doing rsync
DEBUG: Couldn't sync the ports tree: Synchronization of 1 source(s)
failed
     while executing
"macports::selfupdate [array get global_options]"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Couldn't sync the