XMGrace Error

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 28 19:17:20 PDT 2009

On Mar 28, 2009, at 18:45, Jason MacDonald wrote:

> Hi I installed the grace port but get this error when I try to run
> the program.
> xmgrace
> Warning: Widget must be a VendorShell.
> Error: attempt to add non-widget child "dsm" to parent "xmgrace"
> which supports only widgets
>
> ProductName:    Mac OS X
> ProductVersion:    10.5.6
> BuildVersion:    9G55
>
> Darwin jason-macdonalds-macbook.local 9.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version
> 9.6.0: Mon Nov 24 17:37:00 PST 2008; root:xnu-1228.9.59~1/
> RELEASE_I386 i386

I do not see a ticket filed for this problem. You could file one.
Note though that the grace port has no maintainer, so someone who
cares about this software will have to volunteer to figure out what's
going wrong and how to fix it.

>  also on the same system having issues with gnuplot
>
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for db46
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for patch.4.6.21.3
> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
> checksums
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: gd2 xorg-libs
> xorg-libxcb xorg-xcb-proto python26 db46 gdbm openssl readline
> sqlite3 tk tcl xorg-libxkbfile xorg-libxkbui xorg-xcb-util

Have you consulted the FAQ entry for checksum errors?

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/
FAQ#IgetError:checksummd5sha1rmd160mismatchforport.WhatcanIdoaboutit