possible libtool 2.2.6 issue

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Mon Mar 30 10:18:02 PDT 2009

David Nichols wrote:

> I have tested building the project by manually editing the
> inherited_linker_flags line for the shared library, by both adding the
> missing -F<framework-dir> option and by removing the -framework QtCore
> line, and it works both ways.  So I guess either the -framework option
> should not be inherited or the -F option should be inherited, but not
> one without the other.

Can you not configure your project with ./configure
LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/lib -F/opt/local/Library/Frameworks" ?

I think the whole adding -framework foo to inherited_linker_flags could
be the real bug (and yes, I am the one who added inherited_linker_flags
to libtool, and the -framework support), because it adds frameworks
directly and since frameworks can never be static archives, it is quite
unnecessary. Why I did this I do not remember, I am sure that I thought
it was a good reason at the time though. :(

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman
http://pogma.com