More upgrade

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu May 7 04:08:46 PDT 2009

On May 5, 2009, at 22:46, Frank J. R. Hanstick wrote:

> 	Fontforge installed with the deactivate.  I while back, I raised
> the issue of deactivating and/or uninstalling ports before
> upgrading.  Since then, I have run into four ports that have
> required the deactivation before hand.  The number seems to be
> increasing.  Maybe some things need to be rethought.

By all means. If you have specific ideas for what could be changed in
base to fix this, please share them on macports-dev.

I posted an idea and some thoughts and questions about this topic
there a month ago to which nobody responded:

http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-dev/2009-April/
008148.html

I am still interested in feedback on that message.