Xlib: extension "RANDR" missing on display "/tmp/launch-zP0Uvj/:0".

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun May 17 17:30:01 PDT 2009

On May 17, 2009, at 11:44, Vincent DIEMUNSCH wrote:

> after an update to OS X 1.5.7 and of Solfege under MacPorts
> I get the following error : Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on
> display "/tmp/launch-zP0Uvj/:0".
>
> Do you know where it comes from and how to fix it ?

I have read on this list before that this error message is only a
warning and can be ignored, but I don't know for sure.

When do you get this message -- when running what program? Does that
program still work? If not, is the above message the only thing
that's printed, or is there more output you could show us?