Native Quartz version of gnucash

cory steers madsteer at gmail.com
Mon May 25 08:49:22 PDT 2009

Geesh, I see that now.  Didn't realize what directory it was complaining
about.  I cleaned up a lot of that /usr/local/ stuff (still need some of
it), and renamed the directory temporarily just in case, and completely
re-installed macports from scratch.  I think proceeded to re-install
gnucash.  Had the same goffice bug that I had to patch, but then it and
gnucash installed without further incident.
I can now  start gnucash as my user account.  Only remaining problem is that
every time I start gnucash, I get an error dialog and a setup dialog.

I can see it setting up .gconf.path etc., but I get the "cannot find default
values" dialog wanting me to set up every time.  I've tried deleting the
.gnucash and .gconfd directories as well as the .gconf.path file.  It
recreates all that, but doesn't stop asking me to do setup on subsequent
starts.

Also, I'm getting a 2nd dialog saying "an error occurred while loading or
saving configuration information for gnucash.  Some of your configuration
settings may not work properly."  Here is a snippet of the console logs,
which seems relted:

Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
tem crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -
 1: Failed to get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to add
history section to watched directories in gconf: Failed to contact
configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable
TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system
crash. See http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1:
Failed to get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/history/file0: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or
you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to
get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/history/maxfiles: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or
you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to
get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/history/file1: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or
you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to
get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/history/maxfiles: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or
you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to
get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/history/file2: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or
you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to
get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/history/maxfiles: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or
you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to
get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/history/file3: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or
you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to
get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/history/maxfiles: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or
you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to
get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/history/file4: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or
you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to
get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/history/maxfiles: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or
you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to
get connection to session: Not enough memory)Failed to load key
/apps/gnucash/history/file5: Failed to contact configuration server; some
possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or
you have stDynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not
provide a socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is
loaded!
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!

I'm able to use the application, it's just not remembering which data file
I'm working out of, auto loading said data file, and all the preferences
etc. aren't remembered.

Hopefully there's a simple fix for this.

Thanks, again, for all the help.