Localized GTK Apps? How to do it?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Nov 9 00:20:41 PST 2009

On Nov 5, 2009, at 02:08, Nico Nachtigall wrote:

> I'd like to have gtk apps localized.
> At the moment e.g wireshark is english only on my system and pan2 got
> translated only in 1/3 or so.
>
> /> locale
> LANG="de_DE.UTF-8"
> LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
> LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
> LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
> LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
> LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
> LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
> LC_ALL=
>
> Am I missing some packages or there are just no translations in
> macports?

Most ports should be installing all available localizations by
default. For each port you find that doesn't have localizations
working properly, you should feel free to file tickets in the issue
tracker to have that resolved, if possible.

P.S: To start a new thread, please use the "New Message" feature in
your email program; don't "Reply" to unrelated messages as this messes
up the threading.