Can't get curl to accept my self-signed root certificate

Bjoern Guenzel Bjoern.Guenzel at gmx.de
Sat Oct 3 08:36:35 PDT 2009

Hello,

I had this working for a short while in the end of July, but then an update to the curl port broke it: when I try to access the url of my git repository, curl answers with

curl: (51) SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK

It is working fine on my Linux books, so I assume the configuration of the cacerts is the problem.

I have used curl-config --ca to identify the file curl uses to look for the root certificate. It points to /opt/local/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt and I have added the certificate (exported from Firefox as PEM) to that file.

Somehow I have alos modified /usr/share/curl - I think that was the location I found before the update broke things. The update also overwrote the ca file I had modified (which was working before).

I have no idea what to try next.

Sometimes curl also gave an error 60

(What I really want is to access the git repository with git, but git seems to use curl internally, so I try to get curl to load the URL).

I would be very happy if somebody has ideas for fixing this.

Thanks!

Björn