location of hdf5 header files

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Oct 8 12:16:08 PDT 2009

On Oct 8, 2009, at 13:37, Darren Weber wrote:

> In cursory exploration of /opt/local/include/, it appears that many,
> if not all, of the hdf5 header files are located at the root of /opt/
> local/include/.  Is that a mistake?  Should the hdf5 include files
> get stored into something like /opt/local/include/hdf5/?

Using "port contents hdf5 | grep \\.h$" I would agree that all this
port's headers are in ${prefix}/include. Is that a problem? Would it
be better to have them in a subdirectory? The port doesn't seem to do
anything to change the header location at present, so it just installs
them where the developer of that software thought they should go. Is
there a problem you're trying to solve by moving the headers?