More KDE4 madness

Dominik Reichardt domiman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 13:15:35 PDT 2009

I'm still trying to build Krusader on Snow Leopard.
yesterday and today some port updates landed that *should* make it
possible.

Problems I have run into so far when I just tried to have Krusader
built with "sudo port install krusader +universal":

- qt4-mac does not build without +cocoa set, some errors occured but
at least they hinted at cocoa problems, I think.
- after building qt4-mac on its own with +cocoa +universal, kdelibs4
would not build, even with the new portfile that had just landed
(4.3.2_1), but this was again with trying to build with "... install
krusader +universal". When I cleaned kdelibs4 and just tried to build
it without +universal it suddenly found gsed in its dependancies. So
either this gets ignored when building kdelibs4 is "just" a dependancy
of Krusader or it gets ignored when +universal is set or ...

sudo port install kdelibs4
--->  Computing dependencies for gsed
--->  Fetching gsed
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for gsed
--->  Extracting gsed
--->  Configuring gsed
--->  Building gsed
--->  Staging gsed into destroot
--->  Installing gsed @4.2.1_0
--->  Activating gsed @4.2.1_0
--->  Cleaning gsed
--->  Computing dependencies for kdelibs4
--->  Fetching kdelibs4
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for kdelibs4
--->  Extracting kdelibs4
--->  Applying patches to kdelibs4
--->  Configuring kdelibs4
--->  Building kdelibs4
--->  Staging kdelibs4 into destroot
--->  Installing kdelibs4 @4.3.2_1
--->  Activating kdelibs4 @4.3.2_1

(unfortunately I have not saved the error message for qt4-mac, but I
reported it in the ticket #20362, even though that is closed, but I
thought that would be better than just opening a new one, but I'll
gladly stand corrected, I'm still not sure on how things are done
here :))

Thanks

Dom