realpath failed -- error uninstalling ports

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Oct 8 23:33:15 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-9 12:11, Dexter Douglas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I still have this problem on my PowerBook G4, but I do not have this problem on my Intel-based MacBook Pro (Snow Leopard).
>
> Does anyone know what realpath is?  I am not sure how to track this problem down.

<http://developer.apple.com/mac/library/documentation/Darwin/Reference/ManPages/man3/realpath.3.html>
<http://trac.macports.org/browser/tags/release_1_8_1/base/src/registry1.0/portuninstall.tcl#L196>

Basically we need to know which file doesn't exist. Adding something like:

ui_debug "getting realpath for $theFile"

to portuninstall.tcl just above line 199 would produce this information.

- Josh