Install Error

Peter Hindrichs pth at ispnet.ca
Fri Oct 9 06:22:03 PDT 2009

On 2009-10-08, at 23:02 , Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2009, at 22:01, Peter Hindrichs wrote:
>
>> I did find this note in the Xcode Release notes:
>> Note: GCC 4.2 cannot be used with the Mac OS X 10.4u SDK. If you
>> want to build targets using the 10.4u SDK on Xcode 3.2, you must
>> set the Compiler Version to GCC 4.0
>> Not sure how to set the compiler version
>
> By adding the line "configure.compiler gcc-4.0" to the portfile.

Upon further reading and some experimenting I have found via Spotlight
the portfile for CosmicDebris, and opened it with TextEdit. I tried to
add the line suggested, however it won't let me save it. I haven't got
write privileges.
I must be able to do this on the command line with sudo but I am at a
loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Peter