MacPorts 1.8.1 has been released

Ralph Pass rppass at rppass.com
Fri Oct 9 17:47:12 PDT 2009

I have now done a sudo port selfupdate on two more Macs running Snow
Leopard:  One a Macbook Pro that is about 30 months old and an iMac that
was purchased a month ago.   Both times it worked and the sudo port
update outdated did as well.

The only problem machine was a Macbook Pro purchased four months ago.

I guess the only solution is to remove Macports and reinstall.

Ralph Pass