readline

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 11 13:23:10 PDT 2009

On Oct 11, 2009, at 09:43, Thomas De Contes wrote:

> Le 11 oct. 09 à 12:59, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>
>> On Oct 10, 2009, at 20:49, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>>
>>> + port -u upgrade outdated
>>> MacPorts running without privileges. You may be unable to complete
>>> certain actions (eg install).
>>> --->  Computing dependencies for readline
>>> MacPorts running without privileges. You may be unable to complete
>>> certain actions (eg install).
>>> MacPorts running without privileges. You may be unable to complete
>>> certain actions (eg install).
>>> MacPorts running without privileges. You may be unable to complete
>>> certain actions (eg install).
>>> MacPorts running without privileges. You may be unable to complete
>>> certain actions (eg install).
>>> --->  Applying patches to readline
>>> Error: Target org.macports.patch returned: shell command " cd "/
>>> Users/thomas/Documents/prgm/bin/autoinstall/macports/var/macports/
>>> build/
>>> _Users_thomas_Documents_prgm_bin_autoinstall_macports_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_readline
>>> /work/readline-6.0" && /usr/bin/patch -p0 < '/Users/thomas/
>>> Documents/prgm/bin/autoinstall/macports/var/macports/sources/
>>> rsync.macports.org/release/ports/devel/readline/files/patch-shobj-
>>> conf.diff'" returned error 1
>>> Command output: patching file support/shobj-conf
>>> Hunk #1 FAILED at 152.
>>> Hunk #2 FAILED at 176.
>>> 2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file support/shobj-
>>> conf.rej
>>>
>>> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>>
>> Since the first thing shown for readline is "Applying patches"
>> instead of "Fetching" or "Extracting", this suggests you had
>> previously started installing readline and cancelled it just after
>> it finished the patch phase but before it recorded that it had
>> finished the patch phase. So now it's trying to apply the patches a
>> second time, and failing, because they are already applied.
>
> no, it made an error, and i just run it again

Ah, ok. Still, the error you reported was caused by running it a
second time without cleaning.

>> The solution should be to clean the port, selfupdate to make sure
>> you have the latest MacPorts and port definitions, and try again.
>> This is probably the first step you should try any time any port
>> fails.
>>
>> sudo port clean readline
>> sudo port selfupdate
>> sudo port upgrade readline
>

> i did
> port clean readline
> and then :
>
> + port selfupdate
> + port -u upgrade outdated
> MacPorts running without privileges. You may be unable to complete
> certain actions (eg install).
> --->  Computing dependencies for readline
> MacPorts running without privileges. You may be unable to complete
> certain actions (eg install).
> --->  Fetching readline
> MacPorts running without privileges. You may be unable to complete
> certain actions (eg install).
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for readline
> MacPorts running without privileges. You may be unable to complete
> certain actions (eg install).
> --->  Extracting readline
> MacPorts running without privileges. You may be unable to complete
> certain actions (eg install).
> --->  Applying patches to readline
> Error: Target org.macports.patch returned: could not set group for
> file "/Users/thomas/Documents/prgm/bin/autoinstall/macports/var/
> macports/build/
> _Users_thomas_Documents_prgm_bin_autoinstall_macports_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_readline
> /work/readline-6.0/support/shobj-conf": not owner
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

Ok, that's the first and real error, and is:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20896

As shown in the ticket, I identified the change that caused that
problem. Joshua, what do you think we should do about this? We could
apply the patch I supplied, which would revert one of your prior
changes. Or we could try to figure out a way to allow your change
while still avoiding this issue.