Checksum mismatch while installing gperf

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Oct 13 04:46:38 PDT 2009

Simon,

On Oct 13, 2009, at 06:40, Simon Cotter wrote:

> I am trying to install scipy and other python packages on my machine
> (snow leopard, intel core duo), but I am repeatedly coming up
> against the following error while trying to build one of the
> dependencies, gperf:
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for gperf
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for gperf
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for gperf-3.0.4.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for gperf-3.0.4.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for gperf-3.0.4.tar.gz
> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
> checksums
>
> I have tried to clean it and install again a few times but to no
> avail. I'm not sure if the file is corrupt or if there has been a
> stealth upgrade, or if I am being stupid, but any help is appreciated.

Please clean out the mismatched distfile and try again:

sudo port clean --all gperf
sudo port install gperf

If it again doesn't work, it should print a line saying what server it
downloaded the file from. Show us this output so we can investigate
that server.

Also, you can investigate the distfile it downloaded. It's located in /
opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/gperf/. It's supposed to be a gzipped
tarball. Is it? Or is it perhaps an HTML page, or some other kind of
file? What's in it?