Path problems

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 17 13:50:03 PDT 2009

On Oct 17, 2009, at 15:45, Fabrizio Bartolomucci wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt ha scritto:
>
>> On Oct 17, 2009, at 15:23, Fabrizio Bartolomucci wrote:
>>
>>> configure:16745: checking for XML_ParserCreate_MM in -lexpat
>>> configure:16770: /usr/bin/gcc-4.2 -o conftest -O2 -arch x86_64 -I/
>>> opt/local/include -L/opt/local/lib conftest.c -lexpat   >&5
>>> ld: warning: in /opt/local/lib/libexpat.dylib, file is not of
>>> required architecture
>>
>> Ok. Your libexpat is not of the required architecture. How did this
>> occur? Perhaps you were using Leopard, and had MacPorts installed,
>> and installed several ports including expat, and then you upgraded
>> to Snow Leopard, but you did not uninstall and reinstall all your
>> ports? If that's the case, please do that now. Read the Migration
>> page for more information.
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration
>>

> Actually, as I probably alrady said, I installed SnowLeopard on a
> perfectly working MacPort installation that did not work any longer
> on the new system. So I followed your suggestion up to this point:
> consequently just ask me to do whatever you like, but returning to
> the drawing board...

If your perfectly working MacPorts installation was working on
Leopard, then it is completely normal and expected that it will not
work properly once you upgrade to Snow Leopard, and you must follow
the instructions on the aforementioned Migration page to uninstall all
your ports and reinstall them now on Snow Leopard.