make libXaw fails

Arden yardcat at comcast.net
Tue Oct 20 18:44:08 PDT 2009

I have Xcode 2.5 on Tiger , build of libXaw fails. How should I know
if this is a bug or not? and why should I learn how to report it? Arden

--->  Building xorg-libXaw
Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_x11_xor
g-libXaw/work/libXaw-1.0.7" && /usr/bin/make -j1 all " returned error 2
Command output:   CC     libXaw7_la-TextAction.lo
   CC     libXaw7_la-TextPop.lo
TextPop.c: In function 'CreateDialog':
TextPop.c:1436: warning: cast from function call of type 'Widget' to
non-matching type 'long int'
   CC     libXaw7_la-TextTr.lo
   CC     libXaw7_la-Toggle.lo
   CC     libXaw7_la-Tree.lo
   CC     libXaw7_la-Vendor.lo
   CC     libXaw7_la-Viewport.lo
   CC     libXaw7_la-XawIm.lo
   CC     libXaw7_la-XawInit.lo
   CC     libXaw7_la-XawI18n.lo
   CC     libXaw7_la-Tip.lo
   CCLD   libXaw7.la
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _vendorShellWidgetClass
.libs/libXaw7_la-Vendor.o definition of _vendorShellWidgetClass in
section (__DATA,__data)
/opt/local/lib/libXt.dylib(single module) definition of
_vendorShellWidgetClass
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _vendorShellClassRec
.libs/libXaw7_la-Vendor.o definition of _vendorShellClassRec in
section (__DATA,__data)
/opt/local/lib/libXt.dylib(single module) definition of
_vendorShellClassRec
warning: no debug map in executable (-arch ppc)
Making all in man
   GEN    Xaw.3
Making all in spec
   GEN    widgets.ps
make[2]: [widgets.ps] Error 1 (ignored)
tbl:./Template:427:fatal error: output error
make[2]: *** [widgets.ps] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2