Keep the MySQL 5.0.x branche installed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Oct 26 12:44:30 PDT 2009

On Oct 26, 2009, at 08:26, FlyLM [ML] wrote:

> I notice that macports wants to update MySQL 5.0.x to 5.1.40. I wonder
> if developers have planned a way to keep the install of the MySQL
> 5.0.x possible (a port named mysql50 ???) ? I would like to stay as
> near as the configuration my production host.

No, I had not planned to do that. If enough people request it, I could
reconsider.

For now, you can simply not upgrade the port. For others who need 5.0
but have already upgraded to 5.1, or never had 5.0 installed while it
was the current version, the wiki explains how to install it:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/InstallingOlderPort