Bad CPU type in executable

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 28 15:28:45 PDT 2009

On Oct 28, 2009, at 09:41, Dennis C wrote:

> Sorry I missed this part of the thread, but I'll check the Perl
> architecture as soon as I get back to the machine and I did purchase
> a Snow Leopard upgrade, but I just did a "clean install" and then
> followed suit with the other software such as some MacPorts too
> which did run for a while, before "something happened..."

It might help to know what that "something" was. Because if you did a
clean install, and (this is important) did not migrate your MacPorts
installation to this machine from somewhere else, but instead
installed MacPorts fresh using the MacPorts Snow Leopard dmg, as you
said, then all your software should have been built on this machine on
Snow Leopard, so it should all be the correct CPU architecture.