KDE4 mess on Snow Leopard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 21 08:25:11 PDT 2009

On Sep 21, 2009, at 10:04, Dominik Reichardt wrote:

> I'm currently trying to build Krusader and it is proving to be a
> tiresome thing to do.
> All the dependencies are crazy.
> A lot of things are broken when you choose to install "krusader
> +universal", so that path has proven to be fruitless.
>
> Not building universal these dependencies still have major problems
> (but they are recorded in the tracker and "just" need some hacks to
> keep on compiling)
> - cmake has problems
> - strigi has problems
> - kdelibs4 has major problems
> - kdepimlibs4 can't be fetched since KDE cleaned their ftp because
> of the 4.3.1 release (I had to cheat and grab the package elsewhere)
>
> All that I somehow managed to fix to finally fail at the last
> dependency kdebase4-runtime.
>
> /usr/bin/g++-4.2  -O2 -arch x86_64  -fno-common -Woverloaded-virtual
> -fvisibility=hidden -fvisibility-inlines-hidden -O2 -DNDEBUG -
> DQT_NO_DEBUG -dynamiclib -headerpad_max_install_names -single_module
> -multiply_defined suppress -L/opt/local/lib -o ../lib/
> libkdeinit4_kglobalaccel.dylib -install_name /opt/local/lib/
> libkdeinit4_kglobalaccel.dylib CMakeFiles/kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/
> kdeinit_kglobalaccel_automoc.o CMakeFiles/kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/
> main.o CMakeFiles/kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/kglobalacceld.o
> CMakeFiles/kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/component.o CMakeFiles/
> kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/globalshortcut.o CMakeFiles/
> kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/globalshortcutsregistry.o CMakeFiles/
> kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/globalshortcutcontext.o CMakeFiles/
> kdeinit_kglobalaccel.dir/kglobalaccel_mac.o -L/opt/local/lib /opt/
> local/lib/libkdeui.5.3.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libkdecore.5.3.0.dylib
> -F/opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib -framework QtDBus -F/opt/local/
> libexec/qt4-mac/lib -framework QtCore -lpthread -framework Carbon -F/
> opt/local/libexec/qt4-mac/lib -framework QtSvg -F/opt/local/libexec/
> qt4-mac/lib -framework QtGui
> /opt/local/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /opt/local/var/
> macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_kde_kdebase4
> -runtime/work/build/CMakeFiles  1 2
> [  2%] Built target kdeinit_kglobalaccel
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for kdebase4-runtime):
> org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot
> org.macports.install
>
> After this error I can rerun the command and it will fail somewhere
> else (knotify), then again at another point (kdeinit_kuiserver) and
> so on until it comes full circle to this problem.

That sounds like a parallel build symptom. Not that parallel building
is necessary a problem here, just that one thread is failing, and
another thread is continuing for some time and it is the somewhat
succeeding thread's output you're seeing last, which is why the
"error" shown above doesn't look like (and isn't) an error.

> I haven't filed a bug report yet, because I'm entirely not sure
> whether the problem is not sitting behind the desk.
> Anyone got some ideas what is going wrong, or what I'm doing wrong
> (or make a better bug report - I did built with the -v option and
> have that saved to text, attaching it to the ML is not the best
> thing, though, it seems).

We usually ask for more output in these cases, but that would be rude
since I know you originally sent the message with more output and I
rejected it from the mailing list because the attachment was too
big. :) From the attachment I do see this line however:

/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_kde_kdebase4
-runtime/work/kdebase-runtime-4.3.0/kpasswdserver/kpasswdserver.h:
28:32: error: Qt3Support/Q3PtrList: No such file or directory

As such, this is:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/20362