MacPorts 1.8.1 has been released

Savory Michael msavory1 at nzbox.com
Tue Sep 29 12:21:00 PDT 2009

You are of corse perfectly correct, I withdraw my concern

On Sep 29, 2009, at 12:12 PM, Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
>> $ uname -a
>> Darwin arda.local 10.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.0.0: Fri Jul 31
> The numbers given by uname is the kernel version, NOT the OS version.

However I am still left unable to install 1.8.1 with the following
error message...

DEBUG: Rebuilding and reinstalling MacPorts if needed
MacPorts base version 1.8.1 downloaded.
--->  MacPorts base is outdated, installing new version 1.8.1
DEBUG: can't read "tcl_platform(user)": no such variable
     while executing
"string equal $tcl_platform(user) $owner"
     (procedure "macports::selfupdate" line 63)
     invoked from within
"macports::selfupdate [array get global_options]"
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: can't read
"tcl_platform(user)": no such variable

This is on a normal (non user privs) clean install when Snow Leopard
was released.
Any ideas?

Regards

Mike