Inkscape-bin crash: was "Re: Inkscape crazy slow"

Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD joseph.slater at wright.edu
Wed Sep 30 04:27:07 PDT 2009

On Sep 30, 2009, at 6:59 AM, ~suv wrote:

> On 29/9/09 18:57, Joseph C. Slater PE, PhD wrote:
>>

>> Thanks! I thought it was one and the same. I just ran it in X,
>> which is
>> fine by me.
>
> I don't understand what you mean with 'just ran it in X, which is fine
> by me'.

I thought the launcher in /Applications was put there by macports. I
had forgotten where it came from. After installing with macports and
you telling me the launcher was from sourceforge, I just typed
"inkscape" in xterm to launch it.

> Which version of Inkscape did crash with above quoted dyld error
> message
> a) the binary package Inkscape 0.46 you downloaded from inkscape.org
> (or
> sourceforge.net) or
> b) one you installed with MacPorts using 'sudo port install
> inkscape' ?

a)

> Do you still see the same crash and error message with the most recent
> prerelease build of Inkscape 0.47pre3?

All is fine. No more crashes.

> ~suv
>
> P.S: Use Reply All so your reply goes to the list too, not just to me.

Sorry. It seems every list I'm on behaves differently. For some, reply
goes to the list, others it goes to the sender, yet others to both. I
talk mostly (a lot) on the ones set with reply going to the list, so
this tripped me up.
Joe

(+1) 937-775-5085
http://www.cs.wright.edu/~jslater